Sept. 4 - Society of Hosts "Tallahassee Meet & Greet"
Sept. 5 - DSH Student Interview Prep Workshop
Oct. 1 - DSH Student Internship Expo Industry partners and recruiters, learn more...
Oct. 23/24 - Founders Leadership Summit
Oct. 27 – Joel Manby, Herschend Enterprises
Nov. 8 - SOH Annual Hospitality Alumni Tailgate (FSU Seminoles vs. Virginia)
Nov. 20 - Anne Hamilton ('79), VP Sales & Service, Disney
Dedman School of Hospitality
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students who completed their lower-level prerequisites and were admitted to the Dedman School of Hospitality as hospitality management majors beginning Fall 2014, please note that the degree requirements have been revised. Click here to review the revised curriculum.
Getting Results. Boasting a near 100 percent graduate placement rate, the Dedman School of Hospitality has prepared students for leadership positions in hospitality management for almost 70 years (since 1947).
As a top U.S. vacation destination, Florida abounds with hospitality management careers. The Dedman School of Hospitality employs a global approach to prepare students to serve a multinational clientele and to fill the growing international demand for industry managers. Examples of our highly successful alumni:
- John Culver, President, Starbucks Coffee International;
- Chuck Floyd, Executive Vice President, Group President, Global Operations, Hyatt Corporation;
- Jim Riscigno, Former Executive Vice President, ClubCorp;
- Anne Hamilton, Vice President, Resort Sales & Services, Walt Disney World Resorts;
- Janine Budzius, General Manager/COO, Philadelphia Country Club;
- Ed Staros, Founder/Executive Vice President, Ritz-Carlton Resorts, Naples, Fla.;
- Carol B. Dover, President/CEO, Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association.
Career Preparation. Students are prepared with the knowledge, experience and relationships they need to begin outstanding hospitality management careers through:
- Leading-edge programs taught by innovative faculty,
- Internship and recruitment opportunities with top industry organizations around the world, and
- Relationships and networking activities with industry partners and highly successful alumni.
Academic Programs. Students earn a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management with a major in either:
The school also offers a Minor in Hospitality Management.