Spring 2015 Semester - Classes begin Jan. 7
Interview Prep Workshop - Jan. 16, Turnbull Conference Center
Hospitality Career Fair - Feb. 4, UCC
Society of Hosts' South Florida Meet & Greet - Feb. 12, American Social, Miami; Information, (850) 544-7434
Fall 2014 DSH Graduation Reception - April 30
Dedman School of Hospitality
Getting Results. Boasting a near 100 percent graduate placement rate, the Dedman School of Hospitality has prepared students for leadership positions in hospitality management for almost 70 years (since 1947).
As a top U.S. vacation destination, Florida abounds with hospitality management careers. The Dedman School of Hospitality employs a global approach to prepare students to serve a multinational clientele and to fill the growing international demand for industry managers. Examples of our highly successful alumni:
- John Culver, President, Starbucks Coffee International;
- Chuck Floyd, Executive Vice President, Group President, Global Operations, Hyatt Corporation;
- Brian Ford, COO, Tampa Bay Buccaneers;
- Jim Riscigno, Former Executive Vice President, ClubCorp;
- Anne Hamilton, Vice President, Resort Sales & Services, Walt Disney World Resorts;
- Janine Budzius, General Manager/COO, Philadelphia Country Club;
- Ed Staros, Founder/Executive Vice President, Ritz-Carlton Resorts, Naples, Fla.;
- Carol B. Dover, President/CEO, Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association.
Career Preparation. Students are prepared with the knowledge, experience and relationships they need to begin outstanding hospitality management careers through:
- Leading-edge programs taught by innovative faculty,
- Internship and recruitment opportunities with top industry organizations around the world, and
- Relationships and networking activities with industry partners and highly successful alumni.
Academic Programs. Students earn a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management with a major in either:
The school also offers a Minor in Hospitality Management.